A provincial official of Angola said that the country expects more Chinese investment to boost agricultural sector as it can hardly produce sufficient food for its local population. Felicino Mulova, who is the secretary general of the Huambo provincial government, formerly a major transport and agricultural hub in central Angola, made the remarks while meeting with a delegation of Chinese entrepreneurs operating in Angola led by Liu Yiyong, chairman of the chamber of commerce of China’s Zhe Jiang province…Full Article: Xinhua July 2015
- Representatives from Zhejiang’s Chamber of Commerce stated they would help develop the agricultural sector of Huambo. The Secretary General of the Huambo provincial government stated 50 ha of land would be set aside for agricultural training.
- In May 2015, the China Investment Fund (CIF) Luanda Brewery LTD launched Bela Beer. According to the General Manager, the brewery can produce up to 100,000 MTs of beer annually.
- In May 2014, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and Angolan President Jose Eduardo dos Santos met and agreed that both countries should work together in infrastructure construction and agriculture.
- In 2014, Angola hosted approximately 260,000 Chinese nationals (Angolan population: ~21 million)
- In 2013, Angola produced an estimated 1,050,000 MTs of beer.