DuPont and Jilin Province New Tianlong Industry Co., Ltd., (NTL) announced a licensing agreement to begin the development of China’s largest cellulosic ethanol manufacturing plant, located in Siping City, Jilin Province, China. The agreement allows NTL to license DuPont’s cellulosic ethanol technology and use DuPont™ Accellerase® enzymes, to produce renewable biofuel from the leftover biomass on Jilin Province’s highly productive corn farms…Full Article: Dupont.com July 2015
- By 2020, China’s liquid biofuel market is projected to be more than 1.7 billion gallons annually.
- Cellulosic ethanol is a type of biofuel (i.e. not a fossil fuel like coal, petroleum and natural gas) that is produced from wood, grasses, and other plants such as corn.
- In December 2007, DuPont formed a joint venture with Beijing Weiming Kaituo Agriculture Biotechnology Co., Ltd. (BWK) to develop genetically modified crops. Peking University and its affiliate, Peking University Weiming Biotech Group Co., Ltd., are stakeholders in BWK.
- In 2002, DuPont Pioneer and China’s Denghai Seed Group formed the corn seed joint-venture Shandong Denghai Pioneer Seeds Co., Ltd.
- In 1998, DuPont Pioneer established a corn biotech research center near Tieling City, Liaoning province.
- In 1997, DuPont Pioneer established a representative office in Beijing.