Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Tuan Anh has highlighted the importance of Guangdong province as a big market of Vietnam’s rice and agricultural products as well as exports in general. He noted that the province consumes 11.5 per cent of Vietnam’s total rice and grain product exports to China, Vietnamese News Agency (VNA) reported…Full Article: Bernama July 2015
- In July 2015, the city of Guangzhou, Guangdong province, hosted a conference on Vietnam-China rice and farm produce trade.
- In 2012 and 2013, China purchased more than 1.6 million MTs of rice per year from Vietnam and roughly 500,000 MTs per year from Pakistan. The vast majority of these imports (80% by volume) were funneled in via the southern Chinese ports of Shenzhen, Huangpu, and Hong Kong.
Similar Posts by ChinaAg
- China to Close Border Checkpoints along Vietnamese Border While New Regulations on Farm Produce Imports are Instituted
- China and Vietnam Sign Phytosanitary Protocol on Rice Shipments
- Vietnam’s Ministry of Agriculture Proposes Adopting Three Rice Varieties, including a Chinese Rice Variety, as the National Standard