A total of 4,010 containers filled with Peruvian grapes entered the Chinese market through different ports, which started in October 2014 and extended to March this year , the Foreign Trade and Tourism Ministry announced. “Thanks to the efforts undertaken by a group of producers, exporters, traders and the fruit promoters, the positive results are being confirmed after having exceeded the 4,000 containers […],” Peru’s Foreign Trade and Tourism Magali Silva told…Full Article: Andina May 2015
- Peru is exploring the possibility of exporting milk and organic maca [aka Peruvian ginseng].
- In May 2015, Peru was given permission by China to export fresh asparagus to the mainland.
- In December 2014, China granted Peru easier access to export grapefruit, oranges, mandarins/tangerines, and citrus hybrids to the mainland.
- In July 2014, Chinese phytosanitary officials inspected Peruvian avocado plantations as a precursor to potential exports.
- From 2010 to 2014, Chinese (incl. Hong Kong and Macau) imports of Peruvian grapes increased from 19,243 MTs to 111,238 MTs. In 2014, mainland China imported 69,949 MTs while Hong Kong imported 41,287 MTs (Macau only imported 1 MT).