Coca-Cola has stepped into the market for health beverages in China by acquiring China Culiangwang Beverages, according to the Chinese-language Securities Daily. Coca-Cola has followed in the footsteps of Softbank, which took over another market leader, Deyufang, upon its establishment in 2010…Full Article: WantChinaTimes Apr 2015
- Coca Cola will purchase Culiangwang (fruit and vegetable drink producer) via the China Green Group for US$400 million.
- China Culiangwang Beverages Holdings Ltd is based in Hong Kong.
- In China, Sprite, Coca-Cola, and Fanta are the primary drivers of growth for the Coca-Cola Company.
- As of 2014, Coca-Cola has 43 factories in China and has invested US$9 billion in the country since 1979.
- In June 2014, Coca-Cola began construction in Harbin, Heilongjiang province, on a factory will that have nine production lines (sparkling and still beverages) and a total capacity of 1.2 million ton per year. The first phase of construction is expected to be completed in 2016.
- In 1994, Coca Cola built its first factory in Heilongjiang province in Harbin’s Economic-Technological Development Zone and as of 2014, the factory has three production lines (including Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta and Ice Dew) and a capacity of 190,000 tons per year.