The Secretariat of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food (SAGARPA) of Mexico and the province of Henan, China, signed a Memorandum of Understanding establishing the launch of an air route between Guadalajara, Jalisco and Henan, for the export to China of Mexican food products…Full Article: Fresh Plaza Mar 2015
- Mexico intends to export melons, papayas, avocados, berries, and other fresh produce to China.
- China’s Henan International Airport handles approximately 400,000 MTs of cargo annually.
- In January 2015, Mexican berry producers from Jalisco and Michoacan were preparing to export raspberries and blackberries to China.
- In November 2013, it was announced that Chinese technicians would visit Mexico to assess the country’s production, packing and food-safety operations of its blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries.
- In October 2013, Hong Kong’s Cathay Pacific airlines launched direct cargo flights from Guadalajara to Hong Kong.
- In April 2012, China granted approval to five Mexican companies to export pork to the mainland.