Evergrande Group, a Chinese private conglomerate involved in property development, agriculture and sports, launched an infant formula on Monday [27 October 2014] following its acquisition of New Zealand dairy producer Cowala Dairy Ltd. last month. The Guangzhou-based group also plans to build a dairy manufacturing base in China to tap the lucrative market. Chinese consumers have preferred to buy foreign brands following a series of tainted milk scandals in recent years…Full Article: Xinhua Oct 2014
- The Evergrande Group manages Guangzhou Evergrandetaobao Football Club and plans on using three players to promote the newly acquired Cowala infant formula product line.
- In September 2014, it was announced that Alibaba (via Taobao) may join forces with Evergrande Group to develop agricultural e-commerce in northeastern China.
- A real estate firm founded in 1997 and headquartered in Guangzhou, Evergrande Group also markets organic rice and edible oils within China.
Similar Posts by ChinaAg
- Bright Dairy’s Synlait to Boost its Supply of Infant Formula to Sichuan’s New Hope Nutritionals
- New Zealand Infant Formula Maker to Introduce High-End Product to Mainland Supermarkets
- Ireland’s Dairy Companies Look to Gobble Up British and New Zealander Market Share Thanks to New Chinese Food Safety Laws