The export of Slovenian wines are on a steady increase with the figure standing at almost 14 million liters last year, the Slovenian Press Agency (STA) reported on Saturday [4 November 2017], as the country’s annual wine festival started. Most of Slovenian wines were exported to its traditional destinations like Italy, the U.S., Austria, Croatia and the Netherlands…Full Article: Xinhua Nov 2017
- From January to July 2017, Slovenia exported more than EUR 1 million [~USD 1.15 million] worth of wine to China. In 2009, Slovenian wine exports totaled just EUR 91,000 (USD 105,677).
- In April 2017, Slovenia and Hong Kong signed a MoU on the trade of wine.
- In November 2016, Slovenia’s Agriculture Minister visited mainland China and Hong Kong, and showcased Slovenian wine at Hong Kong’s International Wine & Spirits Fair (held November 9th to 11th).
- In March 2015, China granted permission to Slovenia to export dairy products.
- In early February 2015, Chinese food inspectors visited Slovenian farms, a milk collection facility, and two dairies.
Hong Kong Trends